Over time, the slider (the piece that locks the teeth of the zip together) starts to loosen and gape. Rather than writing the zip and the product off, here are a few simple steps to try to mend the zip:
- Reach for a pair of pliers.
- Push the slider to the end of the zip, making space for the pliers.
- Use the pliers to gently squeeze the top and bottom plates together.
- Be careful not to press too hard as the two plates can break apart so take your time.
- Try out the zip slowly to check if it has worked. If not, return the slider to the original position and try again.
- Put some Vaseline or lip balm on the zip so it moves more smoothly.
Back to View from the Rock Pool